In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the University of Minnesota Career Services will continue to work remotely for the Fall 2020 semester. This means all Fall 2020 recruiting fairs and events will be virtual.
While the University has announced the move to allow some in-person instruction this Fall, physical distancing guidelines will be in place, along with other public health guidance. For more information on the University’s steps, review the “Return to Campus” plan.
Here are just some ways you can continue to connect with us and our students:
- Contact a Career Services Employer Relations Team member anytime Monday-Friday between 8:00am-4:30pm to get help with your recruiting efforts.
- Post your open opportunities on Handshake
- Many of our students and alumni have public profiles. Use Handshake's search feature to connect with candidates.
- Continue to check our list of career events and fairs.
- Post your micro internship on Parker Dewey
- If you are UMN alumni, connect with students and other alumni through the Maroon and Gold Network.
- U of M students have access to connect with you via Zoom or Google Chat.
- Consider connecting with students through live or recorded webinars, informational sessions and fairs.
- Advertise these events on our Handshake platform, and tell us about them. We can help promote your opportunities through different channels to our students.
- Hire students through virtual on-campus interviews.*
*While we are not currently hosting any face-to-face on-campus interviews, we are working to provide other means for you to connect in with candidates for your hiring needs. Check with individual career offices about needed lead times.
Thank you, from the University of Minnesota Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester, and Twin Cities Employer Relations Team